5 Days Kenya Safari Wildlife & Culture Tour
5 Days Kenya Safari Wildlife & Culture, Welcome to Nairobi! Upon arrival at the capital’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport this morning, a private car will collect you for the transfer to Lake Naivasha (76 miles/122 km).
- Photograph relaxed wildlife on your first day during a boat tour and safari walk
- Get quality time with the Maasai tribe while learning about their daily customs
- Stay in an upscale lodge with views of giraffes and hippos grazing in the distance
- Take several private game drives to look for elephants, zebras, lions, and cheetahs
- Shop for beautiful souvenirs while visiting local potters and hand weaves.
Day 1: Arrive in Nairobi, Transfer to Naivasha & Boat Tour & Safari Walk
Keep your eyes peeled for Rhinos during the boat tour
Upon arrival, you’ll take an afternoon boat tour with close-up views of hippos, waterbucks, and countless species of birds. Following your lake excursion, join a walking safari on Crescent Island, as you stroll among giraffes, zebra, and other peaceful, relaxed animals thanks to the absence of predators.
From here, you’ll stop for lunch at a local restaurant and then visit two local artisans. First is Fired Earth Pottery for a demonstration on how to make handmade ceramic pieces. Next is Elementaita Weavers, a local weaving cooperative that makes lovely hand woven fabrics. The craftsmen dye their wool before spinning and weaving it on traditional looms in their workshop.
If there’s time left in the day, you can go horseback riding while game viewing or visit a farmer’s home for tea while learning about subsistence farming. You can also drive to Hells Gate National Park for more game viewing. Without predatory animals, the park is safe for walking, cycling, rock climbing, bird watching, and trekking through the lower gorge among the geysers.
After this adventurous day, you’ll settle into your accommodations for the evening. Options in the area include:
- Camp Carnelley’s is a quiet lakefront guesthouse with beautiful grounds where monkeys swing from the trees and hippos graze on the pier. The camp is eco-friendly and has a private garden, bar, and restaurant where you can relax and enjoy a leisurely meal.
- Sopa Lodge is a lovely, upscale resort set on 150 acres of grassland studded with Acacia bushes and trees. The grounds are home to a resident giraffe, waterbuck, and both Vervet and Colobus monkeys. It is also a regular stop for hippos who come from the lake and trim the grass on a nightly basis—viewable from the safety of your private room terrace.
Day 2: Transfer to Maji Moto Cultural Camp, Optional Activities
Let the hospitable Maasai people teach you about their culture
After breakfast at your resort in Naivasha, a private safari vehicle will pick you up and transfer you to Maji Moto Maasai Cultural Camp (103 miles/165 km), recommended by “The New York Times'” travel section, where you’ll get insight into the daily lives of the Maasai people.
Here, you’ll enjoy local culture and wildlife while exploring education, health care, and conservation projects supported by donations from the tours. Spend quality time with locals to experience their lives and understand their cultures, challenges, and methods of adapting to outside influences.
Following your activities, you’ll have dinner and spend the night at the camp’s cottage. The property combines traditional Maasai materials, with stone floors, comfortable beds, and a private terrace. Although you’ll have a private room, you’ll share flush toilets and hot mineral water showers with other guests.
Day 3: Transfer to Maasai Mara, Afternoon Game Drive
A beautiful lion in Maasai Mara National Par
After an early breakfast at the cottage, you’ll continue your adventure with a private transfer to Maasai Mara National Reserve (83 miles/133 km). Arriving in time for lunch and an afternoon game drive. If you’re traveling between July and September, the Great Migration should be well underway. These specific months allow you even more chances to view extraordinary herds of wildlife on the plains, such as elephants, zebra, lions, cheetahs, leopard, giraffe, buffalo, and rhino.
Tonight you have your choice between two types of accommodation. They include:
- Ashnil Mara Campoffers 40 luxury tents within the game reserve along the Mara River. This location provides an excellent position for game viewing and relaxation at the end of an exciting day of game drives. Each luxury tent includes a beautiful ensuite bathroom, a walk-in closet, and a relaxing sun deck for wildlife viewing.
- Oseki Maasai Mara Campis located on a hill 1.5 miles (2.5 km) from the game reserve. Managed by the local Maasai tribe, the camp is a convenient home base for wildlife safaris and other outdoor adventures.
Day 4: Morning & Afternoon Game Drives
Zebras cross the Mara River during the Great Migration
Today, you’ll have the entire day to enjoy two separate private safaris in Maasai Mara National Reserve—one in the morning and one in the afternoon—where you’ll look for wildlife such as elephant, zebra, lion, cheetah, leopard, giraffe, buffalo, rhino, and much more.
At the end of your afternoon game drive, you’ll return to your selected camp for the night. Enjoy the evening at either your luxury Ashnil accommodation with river views, a relaxing pool, and dinner served under the stars. If you’re staying at Oseki, you’ll have expansive vistas of the plains from the hilltop dining area surrounded by Maasai warriors.
Day 5: Sunrise Game Drive, Return to Nairobi & Depart Kenya
Giraffes in Maasai Mara National Reserve
It’s time to say goodbye to Kenya! But first, you’ll rise and shine with an early morning game drive followed by breakfast back at the camp. Soak up the final hours of your safari adventure before driving back to Nairobi (192 miles/309 km). Upon arrival in the capital, you’ll transfer to the airport with plenty of time to catch your evening departure flight. Safe travels!
Best of 5 Days Kenya Safari Wildlife & Culture
Special Deals on African Safari 2023-2024 (Rates Per Person in USD)
|Mid-range Safari||GET A QUOTE|
|Discounted Price (Mid-range)||$000pp||$000pp||$000pp||GET A QUOTE|
|Luxury Safari||GET A QUOTE|
|Discounted Price (Luxury)||$000pp||$000pp||$000pp||GET A QUOTE|